Do you get tired of doing the most for your natural hair?
“It’s just too much work. I don’t have time.” Those are the two most common statements I have heard from:
- naturals who prefer to be in protective styles
- those who prefer heat damage so they can keep their blowdriers
- people with relaxed hair who have thought of making the change to natural but decide not to
I understand what they mean. To some extent, I get their line of thought. I cannot begin to explain how unbothered I sometimes get about my hair. I’m not interested in re-arranging curls and shaping my hair every morning. I’d rather get some extra minutes of sleep instead. So when it comes to (especially) weekdays, I’m focused on easy natural hairstyles for work. This can be daunting because there’s still some underlying uncertainty about what people consider office appropriate natural hair.
Over time, I have perfected the art of walking that thin line. Roll, tuck and pin hairstyles have become my saving grace. They maintain the delicate balance between office appropriate natural hair and the little time it takes to do and undo them every morning and evening. One of my default styles is this quick simple roll, tuck and pin.
Benefits of This Roll Tuck and Pin Hairstyle
This roll, tuck and pin is:
- An easy at home hairstyle so you don’t need to pay someone to do it
- Appropriate for work, school and other basic or fancy events
- A quick natural hairstyle that takes less than five minutes to do
- Cost effective as you only need bobby pins
- Versatile: You can do it on wet, dry, detangled, stretched or even shrunken hair
The one limitation this hairstyle has is that it is best on medium or long hair. Someone with a TWA wouldn’t be able to achieve it without extensions.
Roll Tuck and Pin Natural Hair Tutorial
It’s one thing to read about the benefits but another to be able to achieve the hairstyle. The steps are pretty simple and I’ve linked the step by step tutorial down below. While you’re at it, you can check out the other easy natural hairstyles tutorials that are on the channel.
DO YOU LIKE ROLL, TUCK AND PIN HAIRSTYLES? DOES THIS LOOK LIKE SOMETHING YOU WOULD WANT TO TRY? I’LL APPRECIATE FEEDBACK IN THE COMMENTS SECTION. 🙂